Analog Sky is a new startup that is developing a rich field binocular telescope. It debuted a beta prototype of its Drifter 200mm binoculars at the Oregon Star Party 2019. The telescope offers 30x views with the light gathering ability of a 12”-16” telescope. The company will be conducting a Kickstarter campaign later this year to fund the initial production of the company.
– Dual 8″ f/5 primary mirrors (GSO)
– Enhanced aluminum secondary (2.6″) and tertiary (1.8″) mirrors (Antares)
– 2″ dual-speed focusers
– Under 50 pounds for OTA and pier
– Machined aluminum or stainless-steel components
– Engineering-grade 3d-printed components
– Custom adjustable-height lightweight pier
– Four Kendrick Astro dew heaters (optional)
– Two Noctua primary fans
– Z-bolt laser spotter
– Tracer LiFePO4 battery pack
Analog Sky offered an extensive blog post on the debut of the telescope on its blog.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive telescope and amateur astronomy related news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.