The Avalon M-DUE Mount is a single fork equatorial mount designed to perform for deep sky imaging capable of carrying 25kg (55lbs) in single telescope configuration and up to 32kg (70lbs) in double telescope configuration.
The M-due design put together two Avalon M-uno and the M-zero mount concepts – adding a high resolution absolute encoder and new StarGO2 Pro controller. It offers a robust mount base, high payload capability and over 6 positions for the DEC arm on the RA axis to achieve the best balance using the least number of counterweights possible. The Avalon M-DUE Mount comes with a fully rotating declination axis, which allows the use of a second clamp (optional) to hold a second OTA.
The mount is controlled by the new StarGo2 Pro controller which offers the following features:
– Raspberry pi 4 based
– 4” Touch Screen Display
– Standard Raspberry pi4 Input/Output:
– 2 HDMI ports, 1 audio port, 2 USB 2.0 ports.
– 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 Ethernet port
– 2 x 12 volt power out ports
– 1 x variable 6 – 12 volts power out port
– 1 x Keypad
– Multiplatform Web App Management
– SkySafari compatible
– Driver: INDI (Linux, Mac O.S.); ASCOM Alpaca (Window O.S.)
Avalon M-DUE Mount specifications include:
– Type: Single arm fork equatorial mount
– Encoder: High Resolution Absolute Encoder
– Weight: 22.4kg (50lbs)
– Capacity: 25kg (55lbs) single telescope setup, 32kg (70lbs) double telescope setup.
– Transmission System: All belts drive system based on four stage reducer. All the movements are on ball bearings. No maintenance and no backlash system. Pulleys made with special polymer fiberglass charged and high precision toothed belts.
– Construction Material: Anodized aluminum, worked from single blocks with high precision 5 axis CNC machines.
– Slew Speed: Up to 10°/sec
– Polar Finder: Sky-Watcher (optional Losmandy)
– GOTO system: StarGo2 Pro
– Counterweight Bar: Dovetail 3″ clamp
– Counterweight: 0.5kg (1.1lbs) counterweight
– Scope Plate: Losmandy, 3″ (75mm) dovetail, single knob with 2 tightening points.
Warranty: 2 years from the purchase date, extended to 5 years for the transmission system.
You can learn more at www.avalon-instruments.com.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.