Designed and manufactured in the UK, the Lynx Astro 2 Port Dew Controller offers a premium single-channel, two-port dew controller which enables you to connect and control output to two heater strips. Most heater strips from all major manufacturers are supported via regular phono/RCA type sockets.
Total power output up is to 10 Amps. You should ensure your power supply can deliver sufficient power for your requirements, keeping in mind other equipment such as your mount and cameras also require power.
A cigarette-lighter type plug with a 10 Amp fuse and 2m of premium quality, super flexible, cold resistant silicone cable are included. The Requires a DC center positive power supply.
Lynx Astro 2 Port Dew Controllers can be controlled remotely via computer software. The device acts as a USB-to-Serial interface and can be controlled either through a terminal or the provided Windows or Mac Desktop software which requires OSX 10.11.6 or Windows 7 upwards.
Lynx Astro 2 Port Dew Controllers features include:
– 2x RCA / Phono controllable Dew Heater outputs.
– 1x Heating Channel Control Knob (0-100%).
– 2m 12 Amp rated silicone cable remains soft and flexible, even at sub-zero temperatures, so is less likely to twist and tangle.
– Micro USB 2.0 Socket.
– Fitted with a Cigarette plug rated to 10 Amps and fitted with a 10 Amps fuse. Features a red LED power indicator.
– Reverse Polarity Protection.
Power Input Specifications:
– Requires a DC center positive power supply.
– 2 meter flexible silicone cable rated to 12 Amps.
– Fitted with a Cigarette plug rated to 10 Amps and fitted with a 10 Amps fuse. Includes a red LED power indicator.
– Minimum Voltage 10V, maximum Voltage 15V (we recommend 12-13.8V).
– Reverse polarity protection in case of accidental cable reversal.
– Fitted with strain relief to prevent damage.
Dew Heater Outputs Specifications:
– RCA / Phono style connector, tip positive.
– Suitable for use with most dew heater strips from major manufacturers.
– Maximum 5 Amps output per channel. Do not exceed the total device Amp rating.
– USB Input
– USB 2.0 Micro B Socket.
– Automatically installs as a ‘USB to Serial’ device on most computers but Windows drivers are available if required.
– Cable not supplied.
– Hard wearing, durable, black ABS enclosure.
– Red LED power indicator on box.
– Red LED power indicator for each heating channel – brightness varies depending on power setting.
– Red LED intensities reduced to maintain dark adaption.
– Velcro backed with matching sticky Velcro pad for easy attachment to your mount / pier / tripod / dovetail / etc.
– High quality plastic knobs and all-metal potentiometers for durability and smoothness.
The Lynx Astro 2 Port Dew Controller is also available with a DSLR power supply and in a 4 port version. You can learn more here.
And if you are tired of carrying multiple power packs and dealing with a of jumble of power and data cables, learn how the new Pegasus Astro Ultimate Powerbox v2 power control unit is the perfect solution.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.