The new TTS Handpad Emulation App for the TTS Panther 160 Mount is a small Windows application that emulates the Panther’s physical handpad functionality onto the PC screen.
This new Windows application will create a software handpad on the PC that will do everything that can be done with the actual physical handpad giving complete remote control of the mount. Users can access the standard Ascom interface and manage all operations using a camera and plate solve capabilities.
This TTS Handpad Emulation App provides access to the full functionality of the Panther handpad for remote control allowing complete remote imaging or EAA from a connected PC. The app will run under Windows 8, 10 & 11 with no installation of the app is needed. A special cable available from TTS is needed to connect the HP-port on the mount head to a USB port on the PC.
As the TTS team notes, “With this user-friendly app and the standard Ascom interface, you can effortlessly manage all operations using your camera and plate solve capabilities. Imagine setting up your system during daylight hours and seamlessly transitioning to indoor operations after dark. The Panther Mount and its remote alignment feature empower you to streamline your workflow and optimize your observing time. Furthermore, when utilizing the optional telescope rOTAtor on the Panther Mount, you benefit from having a 3-axis mount. This feature enables true equatorial tracking without the need for polar alignment, allowing you to capture stunning long-exposure astrophotos. Combined with the remote alignment procedure, you can enjoy the convenience of conducting all tasks remotely as soon as your system is set up.”
With the new TTS Handpad Emulation App it is possible to:
– Align the mount from the PC, from indoors if wished.
– Set up the mount without doing any physical alignment in the process. No levelling or Polar alignment needed. Just place the tripod on the ground and install mount head, telescope, camera and PC.
– Slew to targets from the object catalogues or create your own object lists
– Pick any object from the Messier, NGC or IC catalogue.
– Create your own User Object lists with your favorite targets. Create as many lists as you like and share them with other users.
– Slewing to objects via Planetarium software is of course available simultaneously.
– Change GoTo speed, guide speed, and all other basic mount settings.
– It is possible to update all settings not available through Ascom.
– Center targets using STEP Mode slewing.
– When observing the Sun, Moon and Planets at high magnification the mounts STEP mode slewing can be used for fast and precise centering of targets.
– Have full control of the Optional Telescope rOTAtor
– Control rewinding and turn the rOTAtor on/off.
– Automatic rewinding from astrophoto tools over Ascom is still active.
You can learn more about the TTS Handpad Emulation App for the TTS Panther 160 Mount here.
The Sun is more active than it’s been in years and if that’s not enough, we have the Annular Solar Eclipse on October 14, 2023 and the Total Solar Eclipse on April 8, 2024! If you’d like to learn more about the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.